The Sacramento Library has a Summer Reading program too!
(Read about Barnes and Noble Summer Program HERE)
About the Summer Reading Challenge
The Summer Reading Challenge is an annual celebration of reading across the country that prevents the “summer slide” — which happens when students lose up to two months of learned reading skills if they don’t read over the summer.
How long does the challenge run?
Summer Reading Challenge begins on Saturday, May 14. Readers will cross the finish line on Monday, August 15.
Why should I participate in the Summer Reading Challenge?
- 500 points — A book to keep (ages 0–17) or a reusable bag
- 1,500 points — Library champion lawn sign
- 2,500 points — Summer Reading medal
- Grand prizes —Every 500 points is another entry into the grand prize drawing
– iPad mini — one winner for each age group (pre-readers, kids, teens, adults)
– $50 Barnes & Noble gift card — three winners at each library location